AGRI-CONTO-CLEEN IPA CBC project summary
The level of soil load from agricultural production in the cross-border region has not been determined, and therefore there is no database on the impact of agriculture on the environmental load. For these reasons, the specific goal of the project is to establish a sustainable system for controlling soil contamination from agricultural production and to increase the level of awareness of agricultural impact on the environment, as well as on the production of healthy food. The project focuses on food producers, especially farmers organized as small or medium sized enterprises.
In Croatia, the project will be led by the Faculty of Agriculture of the University of Osijek, the leading organizational
Data collection aimed at creating a database with details on the current status of the agricultural production will encompass six pilot farms in the cross-border region. A joint management plan for optimal fertilization and plant protection will be developed and used for the education and training of agricultural producers (farmers) in the cross-border region, and this will also encompass an organic waste composting plan.
The project will unfold over 24 months, until April 2015, and will increase the capacities of the target groups and local partners with the following results:
- Current agricultural production status database created
- Decision Support System Software for calculation of recommendations for liming, fertilizing for essential crops and plant protection
- Project website with contents in three languages (Croatian, Serbian, English)
- Handbooks for target groups on the regional capacity for optimized fertilizing and protection in agricultural production
- Brochures and leaflets describing project implementation activities
- Improved professional skills of target groups, especially agricultural producers (farmers) and food producers
- Sustainable system of information exchange between the producers, consumers, universities and local/regional authorities established
- Project book published
- Improved health and safety of food
- Increased market supply of quality and healthy food
- Associations of producers and consumers in the field of agricultural contribution toward clean environment and healthy food established and/or networked