The school has 15 departments of the fourth degree of secondary education and 2 departments of the third degree. The core activity of the school is vocational education and training for work and further education from the first to the fifth degree of professional qualification in the areas of agriculture, food production and processing.
The school is verified for the education of the following educational profiles:
- At the fourth level of professional qualification, in the duration of 4 years – agricultural technician, veterinary technician, technician for biotechnology, horticulture technician, technician for living environment protection
- At the third level in the duration of three years – butcher and baker
It is the first school in Serbia to become a centre for the training of farmers in organic production.
The school was founded in 1948 as an agricultural school and it operated there until 1952, when it was moved to Šabac by a Decree from Serbia’s Ministry of Education. Due to the needs of agricultural human resources in the region of Srem, the Municipality Assembly of Ruma at its session of 29th January 1965 adopted a Decision establishing an agricultural school with crop production, livestock breeding and fruit growing/winemaking education programmes. A year later, for the first time in Vojvodina, a veterinary education programme was introduced. Since then, the school has educated pupils in professions and fields within the scope of agriculture, veterinary medicine and food technology.
Croatian Food Agency carries out scientific and expert tasks in the field of food and feed safety and is the national reference point for risk assessment in food and feed safety area. In performing its duties, Croatian Food Agency is guided by principles of independence, transparency and confidentiality.
Croatian Food Agency works with institutes, academic community, laboratories and other legal entities involved in the system of food and feed safety in the Republic of Croatia. Croatian Food Agency also cooperates with other EU member states and international institutions and organizations that carry out similar activities.
The activity of HAH is comprised of the following tasks:
- Scientific risk assessment in the field of food and feed safety
- Providing scientific studies in the field of food and feed safety
- Providing scientific opinions at the request of the competent authorities on official duty or at the request of interested third parties for their needs
- Providing expert opinions and scientific and technical support to the competent authorities in the areas of food and feed safety, food and feed quality, in matters of human nutrition, in matters related to marketing new food, nutrient enriched food, food and feed for particular nutritional uses and GM food and feed, matters related to animal health and protection and plant health care
- Providing initial risk assessment (as RASFF contact point in Croatia)
- Collecting and analysing results from official controls and other data to allow the characterization and monitoring of risks which have a direct or indirect impact on food and feed safety
- Identification and characterization of risks and emerging risks
- Establishing and coordinating the national network of institutions operating in the field of food and feed safety in the Republic of Croatia
- Developing and applying uniform risk assessment methodology in the field of food and feed safety
- Educating interested parties and publishing educational materials related threats and risks originating from food and feed
- Informing the public on matters within its field of work
- Deriving independent conclusions and expressing standpoints in matters within its field of work and providing rapid, reliable, objective and comprehensible information to the public and interested parties
- Cooperation in promoting effective coherence between the functions of risk management, risk assessment and risk communication
Within the scope of its educational and research activity, the Faculty carries out teaching through undergraduate, specialist, postgraduate and doctoral studies, as well as professional education and development in the fields of crop and vegetable farming, animal husbandry, fruit growing and viticulture, plant protection, development, use and protection of water, agricultural engineering and agroeconomics. The Faculty also carries out, independently or in cooperation with other institutions, applied and developmental research, as well as research in the function of developing the educational institution.
The Faculty was established in 1954. PFNS is comprised of 8 departments:
- Department for Crop and Vegetable Production
- Department for Fruit Growing, Wine Growing, Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- Department for Phytomedicine and Environmental Protection
- Department for Animal Husbandry
- Department for Agricultural Engineering
- Department for Water Management
- Department for Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
- Department for Veterinary Medicine
Regional Development Agency Srem (RRAS) is an accredited agency carrying out tasks of importance for a balanced regional development.
The vision of RRAS is to be the link between the public, private and civil sectors in building strategic partnerships through preparation and implementation of projects that contribute to raising the quality of life in the region of Srem and a more balanced regional development both in Srem and in the territory of the Province of Vojvodina, and the Republic of Serbia as a whole.
Its mission is to facilitate regional development by using local and national financing sources and available EU funding, as well as other international community funds, and to attract foreign investors into the territory of the Srem region.