The 9th International Symposium on Plant-Soil Interactions at Low pH will enhance exchange and dissemination of knowledge and experience, ideas and results and promote internationalization and friendships among researchers and professionals in all research fields associated with soil acidity effects on the environment, with a focus on both agricultural food crops as well as forest lands . The major theme of the first PSILPH symposium in Europe will be Interdisciplinary Approaches to Soil Acidity Effects on the Plant-Food Chain.
- Physical, chemical and biological properties of acid soils
- Physiological and molecular mechanisms of plant adaptation to acid soils
- Genetics and breeding of crops for acid soils
- Aluminum toxicity, P deficiency, and other acid soil limitations with a focus on their amelioration and remediation
- Sustainable utilization and management of agricultural and natural ecosystems on acid soil
- Chemistry and management of acid – sulfate soils
- Forestry and Agroforestry on Acid Soils
- Soil Acidity Effects on the Food Chain (Food Quality, Nutrition and Human Health)
Papers not covered directly by the listed themes, and belonging to the PSILPH field will be allotted to one of the listed sections. It is possible a new Symposium Topic will be created based on the topics of submitted papers, in the case enough papers about the new topic are submitted. A poster section will be organized within each Symposium Topic.
There are now or will be in the future the following downloads:
- General information
- Preliminary registration form
- Full registration form
- Two-page manuscript template
- First circular (announcement)
- Second circular (announcement)
- Final circular (announcement)
- Final schedule (program)
Date and Location
The symposium will be held from 18-23 October 2015 at the Importanne Resort in Dubrovnik, Croatia.